Mon, 07/14/2008 - 14:37 — penny
These questions were going around in the embroidery world back in April or so...probably back into last year....but since I'm kind of new at this, I figured being late wasn't all that bad.
1. How do you hold your fabric? In a cheesy plastic hoops most of the time, but my prize hoop is a Clover Embroidery Hoop. It's just too big for most of my projects.
2. Floss licker? Only to thread it.
3. How do you thread your needle? Even out the ends, lick, and push through the eye.
4. What needle do you like best? I don't differentiate really. As long as the thread goes through the eye, I'm happy.
5. Are you a needle loser? Yeah, but I mostly lose them to magnets I have in tins for that specific purpose.
6. What fabric do you prefer to stitch on? 100% cotton quilting fabric or muslin. But only because I haven't had the chance to try silk or linen yet.
7. Bobbins or floss bags? Bobbins!
8. Are you a scissors collector? Very much so. But only because I'm constantly misplacing them.
9. Do you do your own framing, and if so, do you lace or pin? I haven't framed anything yet.
10. Are you a floss floozy? I aspire to be.
11. Silk? I want to try it since it's shiny. I like shiny.
12. Railroader? I have no idea what this means.
13. Are you a pattern or designer snob? Nope. As long as I like it, I stitch it. I don't care where it came from. I'm trying a few of my sketches, too.
14. Do you get antsy when you give someone a stitched gift? Less antsy with a stitched gift than with one I did from any of my other hobbies (knitting, etc.)
15. Have you reached S.A.B.L.E.? No. A teenage girl with a friendship bracelet making hobby would go through my stash in less than a week. And a pattern junky would look at my sad collection and say meh.
16. Do you wash your projects? Only if they're dirty.
At left is a space trooper girl I did for a tea towel on the Ravelry Tea Towel Tour I organized.