Secret Pals are going to be assigned this week! I'm so excited, I bought two postcards when I went to the store yesterday.
Does anyone have a favorite Chai tea to recommend? The Double Spice Chai from Stash is okay, the Lipton Spiced Chai is okay, but I want something better. I haven't tried Tazo yet (too pricey) and I don't want the mix with all the sugar and junk in it. I want the tea.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
Lion Brand is okay, but I’ve had a Homespun overdose. Natural fibers are my favorite, but blends are okay. I don't like Red Heart. It's too stiff.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Spin, knit and crochet
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Coffee cups and drawers
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?Two years, adjusted. Advanced.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yup. Amazon wishlist, although it's more for me to keep track of things I want to buy myself.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Citrus and lavender, and a major jones for ginger peach anything from Pier One.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a SuperEggplant style sweet tooth! Chocolate is my favorite, but I love trying new things.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Polymer clay stuff, rubber stamping, quilting, sewing, cooking.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like Michael Buble, Hanson, (I can’t believe I admitted that) opera, techno, Nickelback, Kermit the Frog.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love all kinds of color, purple is the best, jewel tones, coppers and browns are pretty.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married with one cat, as well as 8 stuffed animal “kids.”
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats, mittens and shawls.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
My favorite yarns…hmmm….anything with alpaca, pretty much. Peruvian Collection anything from Elann, Knitpicks is awesome too. And Koigu if I'm rolling in the dough.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Churro. That’s for making rugs, yo.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
Lace shawls! (Is that obsessive enough?)
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circulars! With a good join.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo for lace, and aluminum for everything else.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both.
22. How did you learn to knit?
I learned when I was a kid. My mom taught me (the first time.)
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
1.5 years old. I think I'm in the mood to rip it out.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Sheeps, llamas and alpacas.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Storm troopers, Yoda, Darth Vader…okay, Star Wars in general. And Fraggle Rock or Muppets stuff. And tins.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Copper Moose roving, Alterknits and Oddball Knitting. Artyarns Supermerino and Fleece Artist yarns.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knit socks. Slowly. And I have big feet.